Its been a while since last major post and we have been busy trying to polish our interface.
We must say that as the use of this device got more popular, the feature requests that are being noted are piling up.
Not all of them are do-able due to limitations on the GFS, but we have address some long outstanding issues that we thought were key… and also implemented some new ones in this UI redesign.
Here are some of the stuff that we believe are major.
1) Ability to select “scope” of protection. (None, Site, or Setup only)
- you can now apply basic http authentication to your drive or only the setup files. this would allow those of you who share the GFS with a couple of friends from accidentally exposing your setup.
2) Multiple playlist
- We have now included the ability to create multiple playlist. Create, Delete, Rename, or set as default.
3) Search in current folder
- We have included a search function where you can search the currently browsed folder.
4) Async model
- The setup page has been consolidated into one single view. This might take longer to load but we have also created an async communication model to the GFS so that delays are minised. While we still suggest waiting a little for the services to refresh, startup or shutdown, viewing isn’t a problem.
5) CPU and network charts
- There is now a running chart of the CPU and network load for the last ~15 minutes. This only appears when the setup page is loaded and gives an overview of the performance of the GFS
6) Better folder playing, playlist playing and file viewer
- the mechanism to actually play a folder and list has been consolidated such that the performance is now better
And the most important other feature we have (still debugging…)
7) Dropbox integration
- We have managed to write a Drop box sync agent from ground up and are undergoing test at this point. I’m using it daily and other than a few bugs, it seems to work pretty well. You need to have internet connectivity and a dropbox account for it to work of course.
All these are currently under tests right now and are not finalized… but it should be close…